I don’t consider myself a “stylish” person. Jeans + t shirts will probably always be my favorite…which is totally fine. There are so many different ways to do jeans + a t shirt.
That said, when you notice that you wear essentially the same thing every day—and you feel good in it!—you’ve probably moved away from “this is an easy outfit” and into “this is my style” territory. When you find yourself reaching for the exact same outfit at least once a week, you’ve probably got a uniform.
Guys, I have found my spring uniform. If I didn’t like a little variety in my life, I’d be tempted to get seven of the same thing and rotate through them each week until they fall apart. So while I don’t wear this every single day, I do wear a version of it most days. In fact, I wore most of these pieces on Wednesday and had to take some of them off yesterday to take these photos. You can even see most of my spring uniform in action in this post.
I’m predictable. I’m okay with that.
None of these links are affiliates, by the way, nor is this post sponsored. I just wanted to share some of my favorite things with some of my favorite people. You know, in case you’re looking for the perfect delicate necklace to wear every day or you need a new $5 t shirt.
I’m predictable but I’m also a giver. You’re welcome.
- Madewell jeans: I’m still on the hunt for the perfect jeans for me. These, in the tall length, come pretty dang close. They’re pricey, though, so I won’t be buying more than one pair until these give out. Which could be soon…I’m really hard on my jeans. My bargain alternative has been these jeans from Old Navy for the last couple years. They come in maternity, tall, and plus-sizes. Score!
- Cotton On 91 Cotton Tee: Can a person have too many black + white striped tees? Methinks not. This one is long enough for my tall self (I got a large) and isn’t sheer AT ALL. It’s a little boxy so it hides a food baby and isn’t clingy on hot days. And it’s only $5 right now. The striped version isn’t available anymore but I’m seriously considering getting both the white and the faded black. Can’t beat a great tee for $5! I also recommend their men’s baseball tee. Two thumbs way up.
- ThirdLove bra: Not pictured because I was wearing it at the time. TMI? *shrug* After too many cheap nursing bras, this felt like a dream the first time I put it on. I used their app to determine my size—which felt like crazy sci-fi future stuff and was remarkably accurate! I’ve worn the crap out of mine, though, and need to order a new one. (Scroll down because I’ve got a discount for you if you’re in the same boat!)
- Brown belt: I think it was from GAP? I don’t know anymore, it’s so old. But I wear this belt every day, except on the days I steal David’s black one. There are perks to having a husband who is almost exactly the same size as me.
- Blowfish sandals: A couple summers ago I went on a mad quest to find some neutral sandals with a tiny wedge. Last summer I found these on Lulus, of all places. I haven’t been able to find them again, although I am seriously thinking about getting these ones too. Mine can slip on like flip flops but they look polished enough that I can wear them to church without feeling self-conscious. The mini-wedge makes them super comfortable for long periods of standing or walking. Cannot recommend them enough.
- J Crew sunglasses: I’d only ever had sunglasses from Target or Forever 21 (because I am cheap) but they kept breaking or getting cloudy or cracked (I wonder why). Since having a good pair of sunglasses is kind of critical in Phoenix, I finally bit the bullet and got this pair. I LOVE THEM. Worth every penny. However, I just ordered this pair from LOFT and they seem like an excellent alternative. I got them in red, but the tortoiseshell would be a comparable neutral option.
- C Davis Designs necklace: Mine has three circles stamped with each of my babies’ initials. I adore it and wear it almost daily. Mother’s Day is coming up so…maybe keep this in mind for your mom. Or yourself. Whatevs.
- Incoco Nail Polish Strips + Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish: We got some of these in a swag bag for a Say Hi Society event. They’re kind of amazing. Being the goober I am, it took several rounds to get the hand of a smooth application + clean edges. And I’m not real big on the bold colors/patterns. What I do like is the clear top coats with sparkle over my favorite nail polish colors. My go-to is Mauve It (such a great neutral pink) with Eye Candy over it. I feel polished (ha!) and a little fancy, but not flashy or high maintenance. And I like brighter colors on my toes because why not?
Like I said, this isn’t a sponsored post, but I do have a treat for you: a promo code for 10% off at ThirdLove! If your current, uh, support system meets any of the below criteria—#3 is my problem right now—head on over and get yourself something new + pretty. I’ve got the Classic T-Shirt Bra and it’s easily my favorite bra I’ve ever owned. Use promo code is TLSPRING10 for a 10% discount on your purchase.
Do you have a spring uniform? Favorite pieces you grab over and over again? A shirt you have in like six different colors? Tell me where I need to go shopping!