Hi! I’m Jen. I’m the overthinker behind this blog. Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
My husband David and I have the three most brilliant, beautiful children ever to grace the earth, and no, I am not biased at all. We live on the surface of the sun (also known as the Phoenix metro area) and I have no shame in bragging about our winters and complaining every summer.
Some things about me:
- I’m an introvert with extrovert tendencies.
- Food is my love language. Both making and eating.
- I’m 6 feet tall but do not play basketball or volleyball. My head is a magnet for flying projectiles and I’m terribly unathletic.
- My favorite color is the ocean. Yes, I know that’s not a color. Grey, blue, green, and anything in between…that’s my favorite.
- I was a teacher once. Professionally. Now I just dabble in teaching when I can.
- Actually, I dabble in lots of stuff. That could be my career: dabbling.
- I’m kind of cranky but I don’t think of myself as a pessimist. More of an optimistic realist.
- Words are important to me.
- I believe kindness + love can save the world.
- But that doesn’t mean there’s not room for some well-timed sass.
Basically, like all of us, I’m a work in progress. My goal in life is to balance imperfection + improvement, contentment + growth, while creating joy + beauty right now. It’s stressful sometimes. It’s messy + complicated. It’s also a whole lot of fun.
It’s real life, on purpose.
You can find my contact info here.
Photo by Let Me See You Sparkle Photography