Here’s all the pinspiration, just as a reminder. Except let’s pretend I didn’t just say “pinspiration.” Boo, Jen. Boo.
1) Coconut oil deodorant: Since I didn’t have arrowroot powder or any kind of essential oil,
and since I’m kind of lazy and didn’t feel like hitting up a Whole Foods
to try to track some down, I decided to try Preethi’s simpler recipe instead of the one I originally pinned.
It was super easy to make–one part each of coconut oil, cornstarch, and baking soda–although I ended up getting a bunch of
cornstarch and coconut oil on my dark jeans (curse you, clumsiness!)
which was kind of a bummer.
I’ve used it for over a week now, and while I haven’t noticed any dampness, I’m not sure it’s winning the battle of the stank. Granted, I tend to smell worse when I’m pregnant than
otherwise, and I’m hyper-sensitive to people smells too, so it’s hard to say. Maybe this was a bad time to make the switch. Or maybe I need to try a different recipe. Or maybe I’ll give it a little longer and see if my body acclimates. I’ll keep you posted.
2) HST quilt: All of my squares are cut out and most of them are pinned together. The next step is sewing the triangles, which is the part I’m most nervous about. I’ll be working on that over the next few evenings after Mila goes to bed. Please oh please let me not mess this one up!
3) A colorful, girly, springy outfit: I actually tried two different outfits based on the inspiration photo–a dress for church on Sunday and skinny jeans for a midweek date–and I think I preferred the pants version. I would have liked to wear heels with the dress, but late pregnancy + heels = very uncomfortable and grumpy Jen, so I opted for flats instead. Of the three, which is your favorite?
Incidentally, this is what I look like at about 35 weeks. I am so ready to get this beastie outta me I can hardly stand it. Can you tell?
4) Homemade naan: Still haven’t tried this but I hit up my sister-in-law (who lived in India for a while) for a good curry recipe to try with my naan. Because you can’t just have naan by itself. I mean, you could, but naan and curry and rice is a meal that’s pretty hard to top, in my opinion.
5) Pom pom trim on curtains: While out running errands on Saturday, we stopped by Ikea to pick up some curtains and hanging hardware for Mila’s bedroom window. After we got home, I ordered this blackout liner from Land of Nod (because it will be absolutely necessary and I am too lazy to make something myself and that one got really good reviews) as well as some pom pom fringe to trim the edges. I ran the curtains through the wash but they should probably be ironed and hemmed before I add the trim, so I’ll take care of that this week too. By the time the trim arrives in the mail I’ll be ready to roll.
On a related note, I also finally settled on a paint color! We picked up a couple gallons of it this weekend and are ready to get it on the walls as soon as we’ve got a spare hour or two. That means I can actually hang the curtains when they’re finished instead of tossing them in a corner to be forgotten. Huzzah!
6) Music lyrics wall art: I tried working on this the other day but couldn’t decide if I wanted to try hand-lettering or not. I keep going back and forth. It hardly helps that I also can’t decide whether to do the Flaming Lips lyrics or the Led Zeppelin ones first. Eventually I will do both, but I really should choose one or the other and just get it done. Eeney meeney miney mo?