The room is clean, not quite empty, and certainly not “styled,” but I couldn’t wait to share. The master swamp is finished! I snapped some quick photos last night before we brought the bed in so you how pretty it is.
Actually you’re probably tired of me showing you that eyesore over and over again.
Well how ’bout you feast your eyes on this:
How about this instead?
Every time I walk in there I am amazed and what a difference we have made. Little more than new floors, new light fixture, and new paint on the walls, and it’s a totally new room. I actually want to be in there! It’s fantastic!
Of course there is still heaps of work to be done. Moving furniture is the biggie, obvs. That hardwood is beautiful but not exactly great on my back when it comes to the sleeping. (We actually moved our bed in last night, but our dresser is still in the living room, so that’s on the agenda.)
I also need to paint the doors and door frames, since they are still slightly off-white and the rest of the trim is Ultra Pure White. We still need a threshold where the tile meets the wood in the entry and another leading into the bathroom. And those vertical blinds will be getting the boot as soon as I can wrangle up some drapes that meet my aesthetic and David’s light-blocking requirements.
In the shot above you can see a sneak peek of our finished closet too! More on that tomorrow!
Other things on the “finish the master bedroom” list include:
- new bedding (our sheets are getting holes and our current set clashes with the Nimbus Cloud walls…plus I’m ready for a change)
- a rug to warm things up
- a mirror to hang above the dresser
- a headboard (because we’ve never had one and I think it would help the room look more grown-up and finished)
- nightstands and lamps for either side of the bed (yet another thing we’ve never had, which oversight I’m eager to rectify)
- a comfy chair (since my bookshelves will be living in the corner and it seems like a perfect little reading nook)
- painting the bookshelves (which will be a post in itself)
- a plant or two
- some pretty things to hang on the walls
So clearly we still have a lot of work ahead of us. I don’t expect this room to be “complete” for quite some time, honestly, because there’s so much else to do around the house. That’s no bother, though, because it’s complete enough to live in and that’s good enough for now. It feels like we just doubled the square footage in our house!
Of course I’ve been taking pics of myself in the empty room all week and now the bed is in the way of where I used to stand. Oh well. I was getting maxed out on the bloody baby hands so I don’t mind too much.
Hey, maybe I should take my outfit photos in there next time!
…or not. Shudder.
shirt: thrifted / skirt: ASOS / shoes: Target